It’s almost here – HALLOWEEN!! 👻🎃
I love how excited the boys get to hop in their costumes, and hearing their little tiny “trick or treat” voices as we go door -to – door.
With this holiday comes lots of temptation, so I put together 10 tips for staying away from overindulging on the candy this Halloween.
1) Buy candy you don’t love.
2) Keep healthy go – to “cheat snacks” on hand. Protein balls, healthy chocolate chip muffins, etc.
Here’s one of my favorite recipes:
3) Keep your wrappers visible. If you see how many you’ve already had, let that inspire you to get moving instead of continuing to over -eat!
4) Get rid of it after Halloween. I heard a great idea where you replace every few pieces of candy with coins and the kids get to pick something fun they enjoy doing with each coin (bike rides, park visit, home movie night, etc). Such a cool idea!
5) Know that even small fun size bars pack plenty of calories and sugar. Check this image out for comparison! Determine what is worth the work!
6) Before eating a piece, do 90 seconds of a wall sit, or 90 seconds of squats. Pick a challenging move to get your mind off of it, and give you pride in picking a healthy alternative.
7) Avoid emotional eating. Don’t use the candy as a crutch for a hard day. Hydrate, keep full on your protein and clean foods, and make sure you are adequately rested to ensure you’re correctly fueling your body!
8) Out of sight, out of mind. Keep it
somewhere you can’t constantly see it.
9) Make healthier Halloween treats. Pinterest some ideas and shoot for better options. A little more time consuming, but worth the effort! Here are a few cute suggestions:
10) Remember to indulge a little. Pick a few of your favorite pieces and don’t feel guilty about eating them. Moderation, not restriction!
Have a fun, healthy, spook-tacular Halloween friends!!